Author Topic: A good morning, well-spent!  (Read 11945 times)

Spitting Bull

• Grand Gearhead
on: July 19, 2007, 03:36:38 pm
We've had a lot of rainclouds lately, but this morning was really fine so I decided to get the bike out and do some work on her and changed the engine oil and filter. This was all I had planned to do but as I was enjoying being outside in the sunshine I thought I might have a look inside the primary chaincase, too, so off it came.  All was well in there, nice and clean with just a few microscopic shiny specks in the oil (bike has only done 5,000 miles) and exactly the right amount of oil came out, so no leaks and no undue wear.

I filled up the primary with new oil, gave the bike a test run and all is well.  What a great way to spend a morning.

Poppy the 350 and I are now ready to go (weather permitting) to the Vintage Motorcycle Club Founders' Day rally in Leicestershire on Sunday. 

Tom
One cylinder is enough for anyone.

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 04:02:56 pm

Poppy the 350 and I are now ready to go (weather permitting) to the Vintage Motorcycle Club Founders' Day rally in Leicestershire on Sunday. 

Tom,

Take lots of photos for us!

Matt

Spitting Bull

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 01:29:42 pm
No can do!  Due to yesterday's monsoon-like rain which caused severe floods in many parts of the UK, the Vintage Motorcycle Club Founders' Day Rally has been postponed to September.  The venue is waterlogged.

From today's paper, here's a rather ambitious biker in Hereford yesterday.

Tom

« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 03:18:07 pm by Spitting Bull »
One cylinder is enough for anyone.

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 02:25:53 pm
No can do!  Due to yesterday's monsoon-like rain which caused severe floods in many parts of the UK, the Vintage Motorcycle Club Founders' Day Rally has been postponed to September.  The venue is waterlogged.

From today's paper, here's a rather ambition biker in Hereford yesterday.

Tom

Very nice. We use Jet Skis and Personal Watercraft on this side of the pond  :D