Author Topic: Solo seat mounted on bike - any pictures  (Read 3388 times)

drbvac

• Bulleteer
  • Low as it can go
on: April 22, 2011, 01:12:27 am
I have ordered a solo seat that fixes directly to the frame - Does anyone have a picture of this installed on a bike.

http://nfieldgear.com/enfield-store/aftermarket-parts-accessories/seats/classic-comfort-solo-seat.html

Could anyone that has put this seat on their classic please measure or let me know how much the SEAT lowered their riding position so I can look at some shorter shocks.

I am also wondering if anyone has used the 10.6" Hagon shocks on a classic?

I know many of these questions are repeats for the "old guys" but I have done a search with no luck.

Thanks
Dr B

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 01:31:28 am
I don't think that seat will work with a C5, might want to chect it out.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

P. Schraub

• Bulleteer
Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 01:35:40 am
Hello drbvac !
       On the Forum, UCE bikes, go to " Chrome C5 Images From The Web " from " Desi Bike". I was communicating with Scottie Ducati about a solo seat for his C5. Please follow the thread and this should answer any questions you have about a solo seat. Hope this helps !

greekxj

• Grease Monkey
Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 01:59:30 am
Here are pics of it on my 07 iron engine bullet. Like said earlier, not sure if it will work on the new style bikes etc. It came with the bike BTW along with the stock dual seat but i never compared the two so i cant say how they compare to each other. Will try to measure for ya later. Just look through the album as there are several pics:

http://rides.webshots.com/album/579900891tJIunx

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 05:46:27 am
That seat is not listed as fitting the C5 but either it might fit or maybe you can 'make it fit' with a little custom work.  Good luck and let us know how it goes.  Nice looking seat, that's for sure.

Scott
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 05:48:34 am by Ducati Scotty »

drbvac

• Bulleteer
  • Low as it can go
Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 07:55:57 pm
Well I will let you know and if not it will be for sale or returned to NFIELD for an exchange on the solo that will ::)

The bikes are ALL different names -" Bullet Classic C-5"  is mine in the US called a "Bullet Classic EFI" in Canada (no C-5), Classic 500  in India,  Simply "Bullet Classic" on the international site - SO - when ordering parts from Nfiels = do I call it a C-5 only??

Pretty sure this one will::

http://nfieldgear.com/enfield-store/aftermarket-parts-accessories/seats/deluxe-solo-seat-tan.html

anyone see a tan color on teal bike ??

Wanted to get the shortening kit from Nfield but seemed really short so ordered custom length - custom spring rate Hagon Shocks from Dave Quinn motorcyles - he as them all lenghts combinations of spring rates, mine are 10.5"

See when you are square built -= square is a shape so I am in shape - 5'3' 180 lns with a 24" inseam - drop her down - this HD had a seat height of 20"

[/img]
Dr B

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 08:55:02 pm
I tired that exact seat on my C5 recently.  The front mounts right up after drilling one hole in a bracket on the frame.  The brackets that come with it are for other bikes and don't line up exactly on the C5.  With a little work I'm sure you can get the rear springs mounted.  The seat is very firm with a nice pcoket to sit in but felt a bit small for me so I didn't take it. (This is why I'm interested in your results with the other seat you're looking at).  The tan color looks good with the teal but I prefer the black, just personal.  Oh, and I think the accessory pillion would still fit with this seat.

Scott

drbvac

• Bulleteer
  • Low as it can go
Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 09:54:15 pm
Thanks - The seat I just posted has springs that can be changed and shortened while to change out the stock ones you have to fabricate a horizontal bracket like on the other seat we were talking about to use shorter springs ( 2 or 2 1/2 " )

I tool the bike down to the station for a fill up and a quick around as it in not licensed and it is 35 degrees here .

I got along fine - having driven the HD's for 15 years all in at over 600 lbs its  a lot easier to throw aroundthe RE  and one foot on the ground is fine. Thats with stock 12.5" shocks so 2"  lower and it may be  fine. The stock single seat on the C-5 as you know has springs that are not flat on both ends but turned on the end at the bottom so there are limits to what you can do with aftermarket springs on stock seats. Its funny that there are no pics of products on bikes so you could get an idea of where they are on the bike. I will take some of mine so folks can see where it is on the bike compared to the tank and the fender.

I cant believe the service on shocks at

www.davequinnmotorcycles.com

Made them to fit me and my bike Thursday - long week-edn will get them Tuesday - chrome and black - 240bucks!

Dr B

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 10:14:19 pm
If you look at the lowering kit:
http://nfieldgear.com/enfield-store/c5-seat-lowering-kit.html
It appears they use basic springs and then some eyebotls, washers, and nuts to create the vertical attachemnt point needed at the bottom.  If there's a chopper store and a hardare store in your town you could probably pick up a shorter set of springs and the other hardware and try it out with you stock seat.  The stock front hinge is a little funky though and may not move as much as you need.  You can see what I mean if you take it apart.  Swap out the square pivot bolt for a round one and it may pivot more.  I've been repadding my own seat lately so I've had it off and on many times in the last few weeks.

Oh, and I love the tapered look of those beehive springs :)
Scott

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 01:57:35 am
Al had posted some pix of the '11 Military C5 they lowered. Can't remember the thread though. They used  the factory kit.

drbvac

• Bulleteer
  • Low as it can go
Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 11:31:27 pm
Seat, that mounts to the frame wouldnt fit under the bracket on the new C-5 - too far back and the front of the seat bangs into the back of the gas tank - lower brackets would have to be bent to hell and fitted to shock mounts -

SO - new 10.5 HAGON shocks from Mike Quinn Motorcyles - custom sprung for a square tank as I and

Deluxe solo seat from our hosts and the fabulous Jane Senne which I know will fit and I have 3" springs to swap. That said make sure you know what you want cause I spent more on postage to and fro than I did for the seat !

Bike is actually OK as is but the lower seat will improve comfort, and more relaxing to ride  if nothing else, dont have to think about footing all the time.
Dr B

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #11 on: May 03, 2011, 11:34:40 pm
That said make sure you know what you want cause I spent more on postage to and fro than I did for the seat !

:(

Bike is actually OK as is but the lower seat will improve comfort, and more relaxing to ride  if nothing else, dont have to think about footing all the time.

And lower looks cooler ;)

Scott

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #12 on: May 13, 2011, 03:52:15 am
So, did you get the seat?  Get it mounted?  How is it?

Scott