Author Topic: New Member and 1968 Interceptor owner  (Read 6451 times)

RayS

• Scooter
on: February 17, 2008, 08:00:51 pm
Just signed up and thought I would say hello. I am 59 years young and have always wanted an Interceptor. I finally got one about 5 years ago from a guy that was getting divorced for the third time. It was restored in the mid 80s and is in very nice cond and has all the right parts. I am not sure how to post pics here but will get some coming if I can figure it out

bill440cars

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 10:57:57 pm

Welcome Ray, be looking forward to seeing pictures of your Interceptor. I'm a new guy here myself, only don't have an Enfield of ANY size yet. Always have liked those Interceptors though. 8)

Later on, Bill :) ;)

hutch

• Grease Monkey
  • Til death do us part
Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 01:01:30 am
Welcome Ray, I am an Interceptor owner myself. 1967 MK1A. Since yours is a 68, which motor does it have? They changed to the new motor that looked like a Triumph in mid 1968. Mine is in the Gallery and is # 507 of 759 MK1A's with the old motor. Can't wait to see yours.  I'm 57 and got mine 2 years ago and restoring it. Love the sound of those bikes. Nothing sounds like an Interceptor, nothing. It was worth waiting 39 years to get mine from the first time I saw one.   Hutch
You learn from your mistakes, and I have LEARNED a lot.

RayS

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 04:18:41 am
Mine is the early style motor. It may be a 67 but the title says 68. It is #389.

daddy/david

• Neophyte
Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 12:33:25 am
alright,ray your topic is almost me 69/750 interceptor like you i have lots of questions      and not to good on the computor so im glad to see this site for learning

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 01:06:51 am
Interceptors are cool!

You guys have nice bikes!
Some of the best  Brit-bikes ever!
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: January 01, 2009, 04:52:31 am
RayS, I join our other RE enthusiasts in welcoming you to the fraterni/sorori-ty!  As others have said, I look forward to the pictures of your Interceptor.  About the Interceptor and those three divorces... well, I'll only say that I used to say that there was no woman alive that was worth the price of my family -- my wife (of forty years, now) and our two daughters.  But, an Interceptor my prove to be too powerful against my vows of matrimony... nah, I was just kidding... enjoy your new lady and don't let her interfere too much between you and your old lady!

Bill440cars, you will not be at all disappointed when you do get your RE!  I have a 2004 Sixty-5; her name is Perla (Spanish for Pearl); I have been fool crazy over her for eight years, now; as it is the case with my old lady, I love Perla more and more each day!
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla