Author Topic: 350 UCE Classic fuel tank on a CI Enfield  (Read 1779 times)

arindamcc

• Scooter
on: February 27, 2014, 03:30:37 am
Hi,

Would it be possible to use the 350 UCE Classic fuel tank on a CI Enfield  as a direct fit?

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 12:10:49 pm
The UCE fuel tank has a fuel pump mounted inside of it and all other tanks are gravity fed.  Unless you're converting to fuel injection or have one bad ass race motor the UCE tank will cause you more problems than what it's worth.  You would have to install a small adjustable fuel regulator (which are not easy to come by) and then spend quite a bit of time trying to get the fuel pressure just right to where it's not starving the carb or blowing fuel out of it.  Not to mention you'd have to wire up the fuel pump too, which is a whole other issue.  And no, you can't just hook up fuel lines to it and expect it to work.  An electric fuel pump will not flow anything without power going to it.  AND a carb does not have a return fuel line.  So no, a UCE tank will not work on a Iron Barrel without major modifications.

Scottie J
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

arindamcc

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 01:54:41 pm
Thanks for reply but here in India UCE classic 350 available with UCAL 29mm, Constant Vacuum Carburetor actually i want to know is both fuel tank dimension are same ?

DanB

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 03:54:16 pm
Based on what I've seen from Hitchcocks motorcycle website, yes, it should fit. As long as it's not an EFI tank. Hitchcock also sells adapters for EFI to Carb conversions.
Suppose I were an idiot, and suppose I were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. ... Mark Twain
2006 AVL Electra

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 04:13:38 pm
I didn't realize they were putting carbs on UCE bikes in India.  If that's the case then I believe DanB is right, just make sure the tank doesn't have a fuel pump and you should be ok.  I'd take a close look at the mounting points if possible and determine if they look the same as what you have now.

Scottie J
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 04:57:08 pm
Some time after 2011, RE changed the design of the EFI tanks they mount on the export 500's.  Not sure how far the change goes, but a newer tank for my 2011 B5 is not a very good fit - it works, but I had to shim the front end and it takes some real torque on the nut and bolt to hold the tank wobble and rattle free.  Something else to consider, perhaps...

AgentX

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 06:55:05 pm
350 UCEs are all carb'd.  And I would hazard a guess the tanks would fit on the older frame, having owned both a 350 UCE and a 350 cast iron, but I can't really say.  They sure look the same.

This isn't always the best place to ask about the 350 UCEs since they're not sold in North America.  (And it's really confusing, in that North Americans generally call the older cast iron bikes "classic" and the new retro-style bikes the "C5", whereas the new retro-style bikes are the "classic" model line in Asia...)

Team BHP may be a place to answer the question, or a local parts shop...