Author Topic: Bullet Turn Signal Install / C5  (Read 3357 times)

ChristopherRyan

• Christopher Ryan
  • Scooter
on: April 14, 2011, 12:34:48 pm
Good Day Guys,

Without directions, I make decisions I later regret.

Is there a simple way to install the Bullet Turn Signals on the back of the C5?

The signals came with front mounting brackets. I ordered these on purpose.

Am I correct in assuming that I will have to bend the mounting brackets to 90 degrees for proper alignment?

Although I should wait for advice, I will likely start messing with the lights right away.

Thanks,

Christopher.

ChristopherRyan

• Christopher Ryan
  • Scooter
Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 11:05:53 pm
Ok, so I went ahead and answered my own question.

I am having brackets made at a local shop.

It's great that these bikes are metal. They invite customization.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 11:43:45 pm
Really heavy metal that's easy to work with too.  I had to drill a hole the other night.  The part was thick but the drill cut through easily.

Scott

Sub

• Bob's Your Uncle
  • Grease Monkey
  • 2010 Black Bullet C5
Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 03:22:52 am
I mounted mine on the upper shock mount. They came prebent at 90 degrees, I just had to widen the mounting hole:

There are more pics here: http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php?topic=8191.0;all

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 04:18:11 am
Hey Sub, does that brake light come on red or orangey-red?  I really like those lights but I need to decide between the stock all red and the red with amber 'STOP' like you have.  like your style better.

Scott

Sub

• Bob's Your Uncle
  • Grease Monkey
  • 2010 Black Bullet C5
Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 04:43:47 am
Mine lights up red when hitting the brake. I dont have a pic of that, but here is a pic of the driving/license plate light on.  You'll want to put a dimmer bulb for that lower section because it washes out the brake light above. I went with a lower wattage than the one shown.:

I remember Gary (nice guy) talking about other styles of lenses.. and just did a websearch for you.. this is his website: http://www.dreamweaversprostreet.com/upgrade.htm . I got it from dreamweavers on ebay for $80 shipped, but it looks to be more expensive now. http://stores.ebay.com/Dream-Weavers-Custom-Taillights?_trksid=p4340.l2563
Look in there.. Its actually glass, not plastic, and the quality is not bad - on par or better than the rest of the bike. It does look very period. People usually complement that part of the bike first.

I thought about doing the yellow too, but I didnt want to worry about the pohpoh.

However, the bulb it comes with is not bright, so buy a brighter one, and it still is not as bright as oem.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 04:47:07 am by Sub »

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 05:47:45 am
Thanks for the detail and recommendations on bulbs.  I figured it would be less bright than OEM but probably ok.  I wasn't going for the amber glass, just wondering about the amber 'STOP' on the red lens.  And yeah, it seems they're all stainless with real glass lenses, kinda nice :)  I'm just going to get the light and mount it up to the stock birdhouse/plate mount.

Hey, he's got 50's Caddy lights too!  I've been so tempted by those but I know it would last a week before it broke off :P

Scott

Sub

• Bob's Your Uncle
  • Grease Monkey
  • 2010 Black Bullet C5
Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 09:57:07 pm
The stop gets mostly washed out by the red..