Author Topic: UCE Engine Internals and Longeveity  (Read 1960 times)

nigelogston@gmail.com

• Bulleteer
on: April 11, 2011, 02:36:03 pm
Here is an interesting site I found while looking for informmation about the "big end" bearing in the UCE;  Seems to have a lot more information than is available even on RE's technical data sites .    Again, this underscores that the basic elements of the G 5 /C 5 /B 5 are excellent and the projection for longevity good.  The problems , such as they are seem to revolve around "sorting" issues- wires ,fasteners etc.   More and more I am thinking that an organized  corner of the forum specifically dedicated to user upgrades or preventive checks in each of these areas (High spec capble replacements, electric wiring preventive maintenance tips , replacement stainless nut/bolt nylock fastener specifications to add as you go for predictable problem spots., schedule for "nut and bolt inspection and tightening    ) etc would serve the growing UCE community well.  Just my thought.  Here is the link.    :   Nigel

http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/motorcycles/royal-enfield-unit-constructionuce-engine-royal-enfield-cast-iron-ci-engine-34402/

ToesNose

• Grease Monkey
  • That goes where? Mooresville, NC
Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 03:34:09 pm
Good find Nigel, really good article. :)
"Pardon me...do you have hot sauce for this?"

2007 Suzuki LS650
2014 RE C5 Tan 'Manjika'

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
  • ~ it's about the ride ~
Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 03:38:00 pm
+1
2009 Royal Enfield Electra (G5)

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 03:40:44 pm
Nice read,thanks.  We have a tech tip section on this forum for things you've mentioned, it's prety good source of information.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association