Author Topic: Improvement to catalog and website  (Read 3035 times)

Bankerdanny

• Grand Gearhead
on: February 08, 2008, 09:03:05 pm
I know that the 2009 catalog is done, but I would like to offer an early suggestion for 2010, and for the website now.

It would be very helpful if (1) you had more pictures of accessories actually on RE's and (2) when I click for a large version of the item picture, the picture actually got larger.

Since the dealer network is pretty small, and many (like Lakeshore Harley, the closest to me) don't consider RE a major product line I rely on CMW's site for accessories and so pictures are important.

I was thinking about a small windshield, but the pics in the catalog and on the website really don't give me a sense of what the bikes look with the various size shields.

On the Watsonian Squire site, when I click on the picture of one of the two shields they offer, I get a full screen image of the shield on an Enfield.

You have a good following on this board, I bet that there are plenty of owners that would be happy to send a pic of their bike with your accessories installed that you could use. I certainly would.
Endeavor To Persevere

Current: '75 Honda CB550F, '76 Honda CB750F. Previous:  2007 Yamaha Vino 125, '75 Harley FXE Superglide, '77 GL1000 Goldwing, '77 Honda CB550K, '02 Royal Enfield Bullet 500ES, '68 Suzuki K11, '68 Yamaha YR2, '69 BMW R69S, '71 Honda SL175

greekxj

• Grease Monkey
Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 11:23:16 pm
Hey Danny, are you talking about the dealer in Libertyville? How are they as far as inventory etc?

I'm in Oak Lawn and have been on the prowl for an Enfield lately. Ive been to 2 dealers but haven't even tried Lakshore since they are a Harley shop ya know. I might take a ride up there if its worth it though. I just figured they might not be into those like a private shop would be. I'm actually surprised they would sell those at "an all American" bike shop too. Ah well, maybe they are cool then.

I'm starting a new job on Monday so if it works out i might buy an Enfield as my weekend bike and have my v star as the high mileage monster.

So all that aside, how are you liking your bike? Any issues or comments about it? Thanks

Bankerdanny

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 11:15:58 pm
I've been there, they are very Harley focused. They usually only have one or two Enfields in stock, and not on the main showroom floor.

I haven't used them for service.

I have really enjoyed mine. It is easy to ride and works very well in city traffic. I have made a couple of 90-100 mile trips on it and it performed well.

I have a 4-speed 500ES. I would recommend a Bullet 65 or Electra. I think that you would appreciate the extra gear and the more direct connection to the transmission than you get  with the 4-speed classic.
Endeavor To Persevere

Current: '75 Honda CB550F, '76 Honda CB750F. Previous:  2007 Yamaha Vino 125, '75 Harley FXE Superglide, '77 GL1000 Goldwing, '77 Honda CB550K, '02 Royal Enfield Bullet 500ES, '68 Suzuki K11, '68 Yamaha YR2, '69 BMW R69S, '71 Honda SL175

greekxj

• Grease Monkey
Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 05:04:55 am
I've been there, they are very Harley focused. They usually only have one or two Enfields in stock, and not on the main showroom floor.

I haven't used them for service.

I have really enjoyed mine. It is easy to ride and works very well in city traffic. I have made a couple of 90-100 mile trips on it and it performed well.

I have a 4-speed 500ES. I would recommend a Bullet 65 or Electra. I think that you would appreciate the extra gear and the more direct connection to the transmission than you get  with the 4-speed classic.

Hey thanks. I am looking at a new leftover 07 deluxe that i want, but i wanna see how my new job pans out. If it seems decent i might go for it. I really love the look of the enfields and love the idea of getting a classic bike that is brand new,. Time is limited on the "old" models though so thats why im kinda in a hurry. I will know more by the end of the week though! Did you go to the international cycle show btw? I will be going early tomorrow.

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 11:17:07 pm
Your suggestions are good one. We always welcome digital pictures of riders and their mounts.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

Bankerdanny

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 06:12:52 pm
Kevin,

Might I suggest a new folder in the Photos section specifically for accessory photos.

I have the 7" headlight, ace cafe bars and adjustable luggage rack on my bike and would be happy to post some pictures so others could see what these look like installed with specific notes as to what they are.
Endeavor To Persevere