Author Topic: 1st camping trip of the year  (Read 6170 times)

donatelos

• Scooter
on: April 08, 2011, 11:58:30 am
Hi all,well I tried the classic efi out with all the gear and performed brill  will post picture when if  time, so what I would like to say is in the short time I've had the bike I've loved every second and even sold the v-stron last week sadly last wednesday I recieved the news I was hoping not to hear but life can be cruel on times so to put it in a nut shell  the big C has claimed me and it wont be very long now so want to ride for the short time left just hope God don't ride a Harley and got a bullet efi in His garage ,well while I'm able and hopefully for  a couple months at least I want to say what a great friendly and helpful site this has been and how much I enjoy reading the posts wish I could ride the open roads with you guys over the pond thats allways been a ambition but maybe you can crack a beer at some remote roadside  bar and say "here's to you Don",will try and hang on long as can and wish the whole community all the best and happy safe riding :D Don
life is not a rehersal  theres no second chance  so don't hurt anyone  and follow your dreams

nigelogston@gmail.com

• Bulleteer
Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 01:11:18 pm
Don:   I am sure I speak for others on the forum in saying that we are very sorry to hear of your bad news, and that we are  all with you and thinking of you in your struggle.  Keep positive.  Keep posting.  Keep riding, and like your own motto says "Follow your dreams"  Your posts have been and continue to be an sinspiration to all of us.  Nigel (By the way, I heard God's and environmentalist and rides "green":  No worries )

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 01:32:14 pm
Don that is terrible news and I'm very sorry to hear it. Hit the road and enjoy life as much as possible, Here's to you Don.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

donatelos

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 02:13:58 pm
Thank's to one and all it's like my old pop used to say "theres no such thing as strangers just friends we haven't met yet"  just cherish the family and spend quality time with them in the long run it's more important than the buck, weather looking good here so gonna load the  bike and camp or hotel it someplace in the countryside ,bye for now Don
life is not a rehersal  theres no second chance  so don't hurt anyone  and follow your dreams

ToesNose

• Grease Monkey
  • That goes where? Mooresville, NC
Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 02:57:45 pm
With such a positive attitude I'm sure you'll find happiness in the days left here and those after as well.  I'm truly sorry to hear such news, enjoy what you have while you can and make sure all the people you love know it.

Have a great ride donatelos...... have a really great ride
"Pardon me...do you have hot sauce for this?"

2007 Suzuki LS650
2014 RE C5 Tan 'Manjika'

motorat

• Grease Monkey
Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 03:26:51 pm
there will be a guinnes dedicated to you tonight.
i don't have the RE yet so i will be by my triumph.
here's to the ride....cheers Don
Joe
08 dl650abs
 c5 military

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 03:43:58 pm
God Bless,

I will have a drink for you this weekend Don.. 
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 05:00:11 pm
 What class and dignity...A man to be admired....Here's to you Don ;)
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 06:09:15 pm
D, I admire your courage.  We all face these same risks whether we know it or now.  I had cancer a few years ago and it came out of nowhere.  I was very lucky and am now clear.  I still have problems with another medical condition.  Most days I'm fine but some days I can't even walk from the pain.  I try to enjoy the good days to the fullest and just get through the bad days.  Spring is just getting here and with it the good weather.  I hope you have a really good riding season ahead of you and I hope we all can face oue own end with the grace and dignity you have now.

Ride on.

Scott

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
  • ~ it's about the ride ~
Reply #9 on: April 08, 2011, 08:40:39 pm
Here's to you Don. I'm so sorry about your bad news. Your attitude is admirable, an inspiration.
I'm glad you can ride - I find it the sure fire way to quiet mind and happy heart.
We miss half our lives, wading about in thought and worry. In reality, this present moment is all we ever have. Squeeze the hell out of it.
2009 Royal Enfield Electra (G5)

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 09:33:23 pm
Don:  I'm waking around with prostate cancer (just a wee bit)....I have decided to watch it carefully before doing the inevitable...latest medical statistic's indicate that  25=40 % of men will get this eventually ....i wouldn't be surprise what other surprises await me...Don as u know after 50 its just all bad (medically speaking) for most of us..A few will get through un-battered but for the majority, its just a matter of when..I salute u for your honesty and pray that god sustain you and your family during this difficult and trying time...God I hate hearing this and it seem to be around every corner and conversation...When are they going to throw away their toys and nonsensical adventures and put 2 -3  trillion into a cure..God bless u Don..
Oh Magoo you done it again

robbw

• Grease Monkey
Reply #11 on: April 09, 2011, 01:34:42 am
Don,
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Life is short and we never know what is going to happen. Hang in there. Prayers to you.  Will crack a beer as well.  ;D

Tri750

• Big Al
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #12 on: April 09, 2011, 02:58:53 pm
Hoping that us reading your post helps us all to realize what's really important.
Instead of making a scene when our soy latte isn't hot enough, or our old school bikes
aren't perfect even tho we knew that when we bought them,
let's take a look on the big things that matter. health, our faith, family and friends.
two of my favorite old sayings are: don't sweat the small stuff, and nothing is the
end of the world but the end of the world.
We all need to enjoy each day. if you need to get back to Church, get back to Church,
if you need to buy a motorcycle, sell things you won't use anymore, work a few more
days when you can, if you're in sales, get moving and sell more, then get your motorcycle.
Current bikes:
'71 BMW R75/5 racer
'73 Kaw Z1 racer
'77 Tri 750 Bonneville
'99 BMW R1100RT

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #13 on: April 09, 2011, 10:58:57 pm
Don, sorry to hear it. I hope the rest of your days are good ones. Now go ride that bike!

Dan

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: April 10, 2011, 12:04:59 am
Don:

Sorry to hear about your health condition. Nobody knows how long we are here on this planet - we are just passing through.  Make the best of it in ways that give you peace and joy.  Ride the bike, enjoy the sun, hug loved ones & not-so-loved ones or do whatever keeps you going.  Regards.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 04:33:08 am by singhg5 »
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5