Author Topic: Tattoos  (Read 8207 times)

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #60 on: May 03, 2011, 02:47:46 am
or u could drawn them normal but hang upside down or take the pic upside down...your preference.. ???
Oh Magoo you done it again

CCTXCN

• Scooter
Reply #61 on: May 04, 2011, 05:09:49 am
I'm a Retired US Navy Chief PettyOfficer
That is HMC(SW/FMF)USN RET for those that know that kind of thing. I've sailed on the largest Aircraft Carrier and the smallest MineSweepers, Ive been around the world with some of the Saltiest SOBs you can find 3 tours with the USMC! 1 ship tried to leave me in the Persian Gulf until we stopped her progressive flooding and pumped her dry!
No tattoos! I always tell those young men never put anyone's name they may leave if you! Never mark your body It will just make it easier for someone to ID your body! screw them don't make that job any easier!
Unless every girl you meet has the same name or like the same thing your line of Bullshit won't cut it.
I've got scars and some shrapnel under the skin and broke parts take longer to wake up in the morning but my old ass will still suprise you1 i still wave at nice people and flip the finger to those assholes on the road! So when you wake up with MOM on your arm your MOM might just demonstrate her parental duties and whip your ass!

1Blackwolf1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Looking for the next rebuild project....
Reply #62 on: May 04, 2011, 01:12:13 pm
  Most guys that get Mom tatooed on them (in my experience) is because she's passed on to whatever comes next, that's why I carry Mom on my left arm.  Consequently two of my buddies have their departed wives named burned in.  One died from cancer, one from a drunk a$$ idiot.  Actually the later has a nice landscape included with a photo quality likeness of his departed wife. 

Goes to show if you don't know the background you may not know the whole story.  I agree you need to have a reason for the name, if future prospective mates don't understand you really don't need them. 

Will Morrison
2007 500 Military
2000 Kawasaki Drifter 1500
2000 Victory V92SC
1976 Suzuki GT185 Rebuilder Special..AKA (Junkyard Dog)
Many, many other toys.
The garage is full.

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #63 on: May 04, 2011, 03:35:44 pm
I agree to the extent that don't do a tattoo because its vogue or cool..that is so bullshit...but hey my kid has them on his chest and down one arm to the wrist so who am I preaching too...its mostly a skull theme and a few other things....Has the word "Infamy" on his chest and I haven't figured out what's that about...he's 30 now and I;'m not wasting precious time over it...I don't know the whole story and I can live with it...
Oh Magoo you done it again

Okie Enfield

• Grease Monkey
  • RED 2010 C5
Reply #64 on: June 18, 2011, 10:00:57 pm
All in all, I beleive tats usually fall in two destinct catagories. The first catagory  are those that have personal and special meaning to the person wearing them. The second catogory is much broader and includes the ones received as kids with an ink pen, the ones we got when we were drunk and dont remember getting them, the ones that everyone sees and says WTF? and tramp stamps.

Unfortunately, my one tattoo is of the second catagory. Got her in TJ while stationed in San Diego on the USS Constellation in 93'. Dont remember getting it, dont remember getting back to the ship that night in fact, but when I rolled out of my coffin locker the next day, I had an R tattoed in the middle of my back. It's about 3 inches too high for a tramp stamp but I still get crap about it from my kids and friends.  ;D