Author Topic: Measurement needed  (Read 8082 times)

LJRead

Reply #15 on: February 12, 2008, 03:29:35 am
I put the dipstick back on (threaded) with blue Locktite - what I had.  I took out the multi-wire connectors from the left handlebar and one of the ones going to the head light (one goes directly on the back of the lamp, I left that).  All the lights are working now.  Pete Snidal recommended getting rid of harness connectors and soldering the wires with shrink tubing over, so I did that.  I think I'll go down tomorrow morning and have it safety checked. 

The bike is coming along well, not pristine at all, but I don't think Tonga is quite the place for pristine.  I live on the end of a tiny peninsula with seawater almost the entire way around, and the salt air eats at things pretty well.  I can do little things to the bike to keep most of the corrosion out, with a car it is almost impossible and they don't last long here.

As soon as the bike is really together, I'll take your advice and go through and locktite everything.  There aren't really an overwhelming number of bolts, are there?  I feel like I'm getting a good hands on introduction to R E  so no real regrets over the state it was in when it got here.  You work with what you have, right?