Author Topic: Chrome C5 images from the web  (Read 15883 times)

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #15 on: March 20, 2011, 02:08:40 pm
Oh man.  Where do I get one of those brown seats?  Must have.

I'm sure you could just order the stock part number once the bike is out OR...

You can probably find a local upholsterer to recover your own seat for much less.  I'd bet you could get real leather for less than the cost of a new stock seat.

Scott

P. Schraub

• Bulleteer
Reply #16 on: March 20, 2011, 03:23:51 pm
Andy,
     If you want a top quality seat for your RE, contact " Le Pera " at ( 818 ) 767-5110. I have one of their springer solo seats on my G5 Deluxe, and also on my Harley 79" Shovelhead. They're leather quality is top rate, and  they're very cool people who will give you exactly what you want. Hope this helps.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #17 on: March 20, 2011, 03:34:58 pm
P, which model La Pera seats do you have?  How comfortable for long distance riding are they?  I'm talking 5-10 hours.  On my trip to California the stock C5 seat was the one thing about the bike that totally sucked.  After an hour or two it was terribly uncomfortable.

Thanks,
Scott

P. Schraub

• Bulleteer
Reply #18 on: March 20, 2011, 06:24:48 pm
Hello Ducati Scotty,
      Sun Valley Service Center   ( RE dealership # 775-673-9611 in Nevada) installed my Le Pera seat. Apparently, Le Pera makes seats specifically for Royal Enfield. There slogan is " Legendary Seats For Legendary Bikes " which was on a sticker under the seat. The only number I saw was a faded " L-J05 ". I don't know if this is the model number or not. I would suggest contacting them.......they will treat you right ! The seat is a perfect fit and extremely comfortable. Looks great and I can ride all day !

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #19 on: March 20, 2011, 07:29:29 pm
Thanks for the info.  I was looking at seats on their site and the prices are very reasonable.  They also look comfy and like it's top notch workmanship.  The trick on the UCE REs is that the seat is pretty short front to back, only 12".  Since I also have the pillion for my C5 I can't go with a much longer seat and still make it fit.  I'll give them a shout.

Oh, and is your bike a UCE or an earlier edition?

Thanks again,
Scott

P. Schraub

• Bulleteer
Reply #20 on: March 20, 2011, 07:38:53 pm
Scotty,
         My bike is a 2010 UCE G5 Deluxe black and chrome. The seat is a perfect compliment to the bike. Made in U.S.A. top quality. If you order one, make sure you also order the adapter bracket. There are two studs that protrude from the seat base facing backwards. The bracket makes sure that your springs are VERTICAL. Hope this helps.......I'm sure you will be quite pleased.

Andy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: March 20, 2011, 11:07:07 pm
Will check them out, thanks.
2010 C5 Military - "The Slug"

csbdr

• Bulleteer
Reply #22 on: March 21, 2011, 09:58:21 am
Yeah, the teal C5 totally breaks that rule but I like to think of it as a period correct color that would never actually have shown up on a real motorcycle. ;)

Thanks for the pics.

Scott

Actually that bike, teal color, matched frame and even the upswept muffler WERE on a real bike.....the very first incarnation of the bullet 350cc back in the 50's.  Shoot...I saw this in an Enfield book and was going to take a pic and uplaod it, but I can't find my phone,

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #23 on: March 21, 2011, 05:00:27 pm
Well how about that :)  I wouldn't have expected it on anything but a Vespa maybe.

Scott

ToesNose

• Grease Monkey
  • That goes where? Mooresville, NC
Reply #24 on: March 27, 2011, 03:18:01 pm
C5 Chrome video from a bike show  :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCkhNT9ruqw
"Pardon me...do you have hot sauce for this?"

2007 Suzuki LS650
2014 RE C5 Tan 'Manjika'

P. Schraub

• Bulleteer
Reply #25 on: March 27, 2011, 06:08:39 pm
Just my opinion, but I think the new Chrome C5 should have a BLACK seat, and not the tan. The black seat would match the color of the frame and tires, bringing overall harmony to the look of the bike. The tan seat looks out of place to me. A pair of fork boots wouldn't hurt either. Just my opinion......what do you folks think ?

ToesNose

• Grease Monkey
  • That goes where? Mooresville, NC
Reply #26 on: March 28, 2011, 04:02:25 am
Well P. Schraub I'm going to reserve judgement untill I get to see her up close and live  ;)

All the images seem to show the red paint and the seat color abit differently that I've seen so far, I hear what your saying about a black seat possibly matching better with a black frame and all.  Looking forward to being blinded by the chrome in person  ;D
"Pardon me...do you have hot sauce for this?"

2007 Suzuki LS650
2014 RE C5 Tan 'Manjika'

Andy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #27 on: March 28, 2011, 10:17:57 am
Just my opinion, but I think the new Chrome C5 should have a BLACK seat, and not the tan.

You lie!  YOU LIE!  (But it's all subjective, of course).
2010 C5 Military - "The Slug"

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #28 on: March 28, 2011, 04:41:49 pm
That's an eye-catching bike. I would love to park one next to a line of over-priced HD clones at a bike rally just to watch the reaction.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #29 on: April 09, 2011, 12:45:29 am
P,

I spoke to La Pera and they don't make a seat for the RE specifially.  Their springer seats are made for a universal fit.  I think what you have is proabaly their Large Solo, L-105.  Or maybe the J indicates a leather cover since vinyl is the base model.

http://www.lepera.com/spring_detail.asp?id=5

I'm attempting to re-pad the seat myself right now with a dense mini-cell but I have the sneaking suspicion it won't turn out as well as I'd like.  I'll give Sun Valley a shout, maybe they'll remember the specific parts needed and be able to shed some light.

Any chance you could post a pic or two of yours?

Scott